Date By Blog.iRworld.in

Thursday 19 December 2019

The Police, The Popular Prophet and the Missing Baby in Akure.

The Ondo State Police command, in reaction to the outrage by some angry youths who allegedly set the church building on fire,  has debunked the rumour that the body of the missing baby was exhumed from the church premises of the popular prophet in Akure, Ondo State.

However, neighbors and residents of the community where the church is sited have also accused the police of trying to cover up and that the statement by the institution lacks merit.

Earlier, the Department of State Security (DSS) has allegedly said they have been receiving calls from high profile Nigerians to release the prophet.  Read here!

(Source: SaharaReporters)
Though I am yet to see any video or image showing the exhumed body of the baby, it is not totally impossible for the police to also be covering up.

Unconfirmed report also has it that same Prophet has been allegedly cleared by the Deji of Akure, when the matter was presented before him. So it is not out of place to assume the police could also covering up something, minding the antecedence of the institution with respect to credibility and the fact that this is Nigeria.

Need I say that this is not in anyway validating jungle justice or Fake News. I am totally against Fake News and Hate Speech purveyors and support the proposed Social media bill but when it comes to Pastors and by extension religious leaders, especially those in Nigeria, I am extremely careful as I cannot vouch or trust most of them.

Someone already labelled me a persecutor for this my stand but I really do not give a hoot. As a matter of principle, I am always careful when dealing with people I barely know but I am doubly and defensively extra careful when the person introduces himself or is introduced as a Pastor.

That sacred office of a Pastor have been bastardized by some many Nigerians. However, there are still some good ones, albeit few.


Doxa. 

No comments: